Oh football with my dad
Makes me smile just
Think about it, so glad
The two teams fighting
For eternal glory
Each individual team has a story
The Bears have
Made the comeback of
The century, and the
Play of the millennium
My body no longer tame
We jump up and down
We scream and dance around
Lights and more screams
Whiffing aftershave and
Hearing broken English
But I wouldn’t have it any other way
Sitting on the couch
Wondering if his bad passing is merely a phase
Hot, fresh pizza
Green, glowing jello
Glass after glass of Coca Cola
The Couch is sleep Soothing
But I’m wide awake my team’s reputation
How many more
Turnovers can I take?
I saw my first safety ever,
But something else
Takes the cake
Spending time with my dad, seeing passion
In his blue eyes
I love him more than
Life itself, my smile is proof
Ode to football with
My dad – you, dad, made me
Motivated, sharp, a good
Debater, analyzer, captivated,
Focused and determined
You gave me my voice of skepticism and passion
To go 4th and goal
Causes an interception
Run 108 yards back
Touchdown for us
Game is secured
Till next week
Ode to football with my dad
To the next game, and the hundreds after.
In six days I will be older
And I’m frankly bolder
I’m so much stronger
My patience lasts so much longer
I don’t know if I’m wiser
But much to my surprise
People ask me for advice
But soon I will be 29
And I honestly feel fabulous
At first I worried about where I am
In my life
I have graduated and I’m planning the rest
It’s really been a journey
But where has the time gone
It really has flown by
It just feels so wrong and I wonder why
But it also finally feels so very right
To me be
So I say here’s to 29
Here’s to cheers and fears and tears
Here’s to never compromising on who I am
Here’s to Life
Because we only get one
I am sitting next to my twin
We are eating breakfast
And it starts to begin
Happy birthday is being played on the radio
And I know something is up
It’s my brother’s band on the CD
And my entire family is surrounding me
Out of the blue my mom steps out with a cake
And suddenly it’s more than I can take
I’m moved to tears
For all these years of us
My twin and I
After we cut the special lemon cake and all eat
I lift my twin up by her feet
I lift her, hug her, high yes I do
And I cry, I got what I wanted for my birthday – and that is you
1) The Foliage that surrounds my world, the deep orange, red, and yellow that make reality collide with fantasy.
2) There are great movies at the Theater!
3) Halloween Wars is on Food Network.
4) I met my best friend in October.
5) Football is in full swing, an experience my dad and I turn into a series of angry and happy screams.
6) The Good Doctor has enchanted me.
7) I am finally comfortable in school,my schedule and otherwise.
8) There are the memories of homecoming week.
9) I turn 29 this year!
10) October is an in between period. It’s fleeting and ever-changing – just like me.
11) Weather is unpredictable; sometimes the best things in life are the ones that are not for sure.
12) The rivalry between the Bears and Packers is on and I know my loyalty.
13) ♫ Marching Band memories, the thrill of the game and the marching that captivates me.♫
14) The last days of the bike trail- I love that sudden and intense rush.
15) It’s the last month I will wear sandals … maybe
16) A warm day that surprises everyone is really nice.
17) I love raking the leaves and basking in the sun.
18) I love crunching the leaves, running purposely crunching them.
19) The Jump from Summer Mode to Sweater weather is on point.
20) Halloween, a time for costumes, candy, pumpkins and the beginning of house decorations.
21) I learned how to ride my bike in October.
22) It’s cold enough for a lovely cup of hot chocolate.
23) The color orange is everything, assaulting my eyes in the best way.
24) I get to see my family from far away because it’s my birthday month.
25) This year I got the ultimate gift for my birthday – a sense of who I am, and who I could be.
26) The color orange is everywhere!!! I ♥ orange! (yes, this one is there twice.)
[My birthday is the 26th so there are 26 reasons!]
I feel it pulsing in my veins
So to break its chains
I will sing, dance, prance
I will try something new
I will be scared out of my wits
But I will not quit
Until I smash Monotony dead
Find something extraordinary in an ordinary day
And I will be living
Instead of just alive
They were introducing us to everyone
And I was fairly calm
Until I saw your eyes
You have a beautiful smile
I cannot tell lies
But there is nothing more beautiful
Than your sparkling, intense eyes
We talked about football
We talked about the young happy couple
We talked about so many things
In the end
When I feel particularly calm
And hold my thoughts tight
I remember how your eyes sparkled
That warm September night